Summer Institute 2014
--- Phenomenology of Elementary Particles and Cosmology---
Aug. 21(Thu.) - 28(Thu.), 2014,
Last Updated: 2014-09-10 Wed. 2:30 + 09:00
Welcome to the website of 20 th International Summer Institute on Phenomenology of Elementary Particles and Cosmology (SI2014).
The Summer Institutes have been held
every summer since 1995.
It aims at an Aspen-type Institute in Asia. The SI2012
was held at Sun Moon Lake (Taiwan) and the SI2013 at Jirisan National Park (Korea).
The purpose of the Summer Institute is to promote
communications and discussions on research among participants,
rather than to give pedagogical lectures for students.
Therefore the scientific program is relaxed to keep enough time
for discussions. We hope that the new ideas and research activities
will be initiated from this institute.
The SI 2014 is sponsored by the Grant-in-aid
from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and
- "Beyond the Standard Model and toward Grand Unification"  (Taichi Kugo)
- "Radiative Seesaw Mechanism and the Dark Sector of the Universe"  (Mayumi Aoki)
Physics at LHC, Flavor physics, Neutrino physics,
Unified theories, Supersymmetry, Extra dimensions,
Particle cosmologies etc.
- August 21(Thu.)-28(Thu.) , 2014
- Fuji Seminar House
- Araya 1400, Fuji-Yoshida, Yamanashi 403-0006, Japan
- tel: +81-555-22-5156 fax: +81-555-23-7988
- Aya Ishihara (Chiba U, Japan),
"Extraterrestrial neutrino searches with the IceCube experiment"
- Stephen F. King (U. Southampton, UK),
"Neutrino Mass and Mixing : from Theory to Experiment"
- Nobuchika Okada (Alabama U, USA),
"Higgs boson discovery and its implications to new physics"
- Martti Raidal (NICPB, Tallinn, Estonia),
"Direct and indirect detection of dark matter"
- Atsushi Taruya (YITP, Kyoto U, Japan), "Searching for primordial gravitational waves with
cosmic microwave background polarization"